Easter Brown Sugar Mini Egg Cookies
Beautiful soft chewy cookies that are made with brown sugar providing added moisture and a richer flavour profile. Filled with white chocolate chunks and Cadbury’s Mini Eggs – these are a great addition to your Easter treats this weekend.
Just stopping in briefly to bring you these delicious Easter filled cookies. Quite literally they are filled with the embodiment of Easter … Cadbury’s Mini Eggs. If you don’t know by now these are my all time FAVOURITE Easter chocolates. We had planned to visit one of my closest friends before the Easter long weekend and I thought these would be a great gift to all the kids (who am I kidding… and adults!!)
So I know I’ve only just created some of these Easter cupcakes topped with Mini Eggs here but I really couldn’t resist adding these little eggs to some cookies. I keep seeing images all over the internet of these eggs added to all sorts of things like brownies, ice-cream, blondies, cookies, cakes. That crispy shell and creamy chocolate filled interior make them a great extra to sweet goods.
Let’s talk brown sugar
Ok so brown sugar is actually made up of molasses and this creates added moisture to the cookies helping increase the chew factor. Now if you don’t like them so chewy then use light brown sugar, a mixture of half white, half brown or go all white sugar. Please note though that the texture of the cookies will change and probably become crisper. (Which is no bad thing – just personal preference)
These are large flat cookies, not small chunky cookies. If you would prefer them to be junkier then add a 1/4 cup more flour to the mixture and refrigerate the scooped dough for 2 hours before baking. I personally prefer them bigger and flatter, as do my kids…majority rules!
I hope that you all have a wonderful Easter with friends and family … which ultimately is what it’s all about.
Other easter treats you may like are:
Easter Brown Sugar Mini Egg Cookies
Soft Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies stuffed with White Chocolate and Mini Eggs – the perfect treat on your Easter weekend
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 20 cookies 1x
- 2 1/2 (300g) cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (corn starch)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (225g) butter, softened
- 1 3/4 (275g) cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) Cadbury’s Mini Eggs (1/2 the cup chopped into large chunks)
- 3/4 cup (150g) white chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, corn flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and set to one side.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together, in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or large bowl using hand-held electric beaters, until creamy and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time and beat until well combined. Then add the vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add 1 cup of the whole mini eggs and the white chocolate chunks and mix until combined
- Scoop the batter into one inch balls, using a cookie scoop or two teaspoons,and place on the prepared cookie sheet leaving no less than two inches between each scoop.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the outside edges are crisp but the centre is still soft to touch. Remove from the oven and whilst still warm, scatter the remaining 1/2 cup of chopped mini eggs onto the cookies and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets. Now enjoy!